Data Repository, Reporting, Analytics
Your data becomes powerful when it can be used to identify the information needed to effectively manage clients and processes. Dataline can assimilate data from different sources and optimize it for reporting, research and analytics to turn data into valuable information. We can structure the database to deliver excellent query performance – even for complex analytical queries – without impacting the performance of operational systems.
A typical data repository environment includes basic account holder data, commercial and company information, historical bonus information, monetary transactional details and account holder statements.
- Data can be extracted from file feeds (files or reports) and loaded into relational databases linked by account holder account number for consumer accounts and account holder account number and/ or company identification number for business or commercial accounts. Data history can be built and maintained even when the source systems do not accumulate history.
- A single relational database environment improves data quality by providing consistent codes and descriptions and a common data model regardless of the data’s source.
- Since the data warehouse can store current and a defined set of historical data from each source, it provides a big-picture view of the enterprise over time.
- A data dictionary (a centralized repository of information about data such as meaning, relationships to other data, origin, usage and format) will be maintained. The Data Dictionary can be used as the reference for the different databases, tables and elements stored in the data repository.
Once the Data repository is established, Dataline Systems, Inc. can generate one-time or recurring reports to ensure the quality of operational processes, identify accounts to be targeted for promotional campaigns and translate raw data into readable reports for decision making.
Reports can include, but are not limited to:
- Portfolio trend reports
- Regulatory Compliance monitoring
- Quality assurance reports
- Company and Account Line Management
- Bureau reporting
- Portfolio repricing
- Secured Card graduation
- Statement Hold Code reporting
- Account Transfer and Balance reports
- Blank or Invalid Address reports
- Account Activation Programs to encourage credit card use
- Rewards Tracking
- Spend and Get Incentive Campaigns
- Account Retention Programs
- Segmentation Analysis
- Analysis of historical information to aid in client remediation efforts
The Data Repository, Reporting, and Analytics will be designed to meet the needs of each client.